AIR-FRIED CHICKEN WINGS
What You'll Need
- 12 full chicken wings
- 2 liters cold water
- 2.5 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoon peppercorns (white preferably)
- 3-4 fresh bay leaves (if available)
- 1/2 cup tapioca or rice flour
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- Green shallots
- Dried whole chili
What To Do
- 1. Place cold water, wings, 1.5 tbsp of salt, 1 tbsp of peppercorn, 3-4 bay leaves in a BELLA 5 Quart Stainless Steel Stockpot making sure the wings are submerged. Cover with parchment paper and bring to a boil. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, turn the heat off and allow to cool (as if poaching), allowing the wings to cook all the way through.
- Once cooled, remove from pan and allow to dry on a cake rack. (Note: the longer the better for drying. If you can, do it over night; it will yield a dryer, crispier skin when frying or baking).
- Preheat Air Convection Fryer to 375°F.
- Grind tapioca, coriander seed, fennel seed, chili flakes, salt, and white peppercorns in a mortar and pestle or spice grinder, reserve ½ the spice mix and set aside for seasoning once cooked.
- Mix the remaining spice with the tapioca or rice flour.
- Toss spice mix with wings until well coated, shake off excess and place into BELLA Air Convection Fryer basket.
- Cook until golden, approximately 5-8 minutes. Remove from Air-Fryer and sprinkle with a little more of the remaining spice mix.
- Garnish with sliced green shallots, dried chili and lemon juice (optional).