Air Fried Crab Cakes with Creamy Tartar Sauce
What You'll Need
- 1 ½ cups crab meat
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 ½ teaspoons dill pickles, chopped
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic salt
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- 3 ounces mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons gherkins, chopped
- 3 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 1 2/3 tablespoon Worcestershire
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
What To Do
- Preheat Bella 4.4lbs Digital Air Convection Fryer to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, combine crab meat, cream cheese, cilantro, dill pickles, lemon juice and lemon zest. Mix well.
- Roll out about 15 balls of the mixture and flatten out to form the crab cakes.
- Place crab cakes onto a baking sheet covered in parchment paper and freeze for 45 minutes to an hour. Do not exceed one hour. The crab cakes should hold together firmly but should not be frozen.
- Set up a 3-bowl breading station
- All-purpose flour and garlic salt
- Whisked eggs
- Seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- Place the crab cakes in the flour one at a time and cover well. Shake excess flour off gently.
- Dip the crab cakes into the egg and then coat both sides with the panko breadcrumbs.
- Repeat steps 5 & 6 for all crab cakes.
- Place the crab cakes into the air frying basket. Allow air circulation on all sides of each crab cake to ensure even browning. For best results, air fry in two batches.
- Insert the basket into BELLA 4.4lbs Digital Air Convection fryer and cook for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- To prepare the tartar sauce, mix all ingredients in a bowl until well combined.