Air Fried Italian Mozzarella Sandwich
What You'll Need
- 6 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 8 large leaves fresh basil
- 4 slices day-old Italian bread
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- Marinara sauce, warmed
What To Do
- Layer mozzarella and basil between two slices of bread. In shallow bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, Parmesan, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Dip each sandwich in egg mixture for 30 seconds per side or until well saturated.
- Arrange sandwiches in air fryer basket. Set Bella 5.3 QT Air Convection Fryer to 370°F.
- Cook, turning once, for about 10 minutes or until browned and crisp. Transfer to cutting board; cut in half. Serve with warm marinara sauce for dipping.
- This sandwich is also delicious served with prepared pesto mayonnaise or tapenade.
- Add sliced salami, capocollo or sopressata to the sandwich if desired.