Air Fried Zucchini Fries
What You'll Need
- 2 zucchini squash, trimmed into spears
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan herb seasoning
Yogurt Pesto Dip
3 tablespoons plain yogurt
1 tablespoon basil pesto
What To Do
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise. Cut each half into 3 long spears. Cut the spears in half to form zucchini fries.
- Sprinkle the zucchini fries with salt and place in a colander for at least 10 minutes to 2 hours, to draw out excess moisture.
- Blot zucchini dry with paper towels; then add to a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil over the zucchini fries and stir until they are all well coated.
- Add Panko breadcrumbs, oil and seasoning to a plate, mix well.
- Roll the oiled zucchini into the panko, coating all sides and pressing firmly so the crumbs adhere.
IMPORTANT: Work in batches, do not overcrowd the Air Fryer basket.
- Air fry at 360ºF, until slightly crisp and golden brown, about 10 minutes, turning the spears over halfway through air frying.
- Transfer Zucchini Fries to a platter, sprinkle with salt. Combine yogurt and pesto in a small dish. Serve immediately.