Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
What You'll Need
- 1 lb. boneless sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 head broccoli, washed and cut into small florets
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 scallion, thinly sliced
What To Do
- In a large bowl, combine the steak, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes and soy sauce and toss until well coated. Let stand covered for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in the skillet on a medium high setting.
- Add the broccoli and stir to coat with the oil. Cook the broccoli for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour the water into the skillet and bring to a simmer.
- Let the broccoli cook until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- In a small bowl whisk the stock and cornstarch together.
- Raise the heat to medium high and add the beef.
- Cook the beef stirring for 3 to 5 minutes or until it is browned and crispy.
- Add the cornstarch mixture and let cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve over rice garnished with the chopped scallion.