BEEF WITH RED WINE SAUCE
• 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
• 2 lbs chuck steak, cut into 5cm pieces
• 2 celery sticks, trimmed and finely chopped
• 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
• 2 onions, finely chopped
• 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 2 cups crushed tomatoes
• 1/3 cup red wine
• 1/2 cup chicken stock
• 2 fresh bay leaves
• 3 tablespoons fresh oregano
• 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
• Ground black pepper
1. Heat half the oil in the BELLA Multi-Cooker over medium-high heat. Add half of the beef and cook until browned,
about 3 minutes. Transfer to a large plate. Repeat with remaining beef.
2. Heat the remaining oil in the cooker over medium heat. Add celery, carrot, onion and garlic.
Cook, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes or until soft.
3. Add the beef, crushed tomatoes, wine, chicken stock, bay leaves, oregano and sugar.
Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
4. Seal and lock the Multi-Cooker and select the MEAT setting. Once timer has gone off (approximately one hour),
let sit 5 minutes before releasing pressure valve.
5. Use tongs to remove beef from the Multi-Cooker. Shred beef and return beef back to remaining sauce,
adjust seasoning if necessary before serving.