What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 lbs. calamari, cleaned, cut into rings, tentacles left whole
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable or Canola oil for frying
What To Do
- In a large bowl, add the calamari and the buttermilk and chill covered for 1 hour.
- On a large plate mix the flour, paprika, and salt together with a fork.
- Add oil to the indicated mark on the fryer and preheat to 375F.
- Toss the calamari in the flour mixture until well coated shaking off any excess flour.
- Fry the calamari in batches for about 1 minute or until crispy.
- Serve with cocktail sauce, aioli, or cider vinegar.