What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 4 ounces, cold butter, cubed
- 1/8 cup Ice water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup cooked mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala
What To Do
- In a food processor, add the flour, butter, and salt and pulse just until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add just enough water for a dough to form.
- Roll the dough into 6 balls.
- Chill covered for 1 hour.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Cook the cumin seeds for 1 to 2 minutes or until they pop.
- Add the onion to the skillet and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or just until wilted.
- FIn a large bowl, add the potatoes, cumin, onion, peas and carrots, cilantro, and Garam Masala and mix well.
- Roll each ball into a 6-inch circle and cut in half.
- Fold each half in half again and seal the straight edge with water to form a cone.
- Fill each cone with 1 tablespoon of the potato mixture and seal the edge with water.
- Fill the deep fryer with oil to the indicated mark.
- Preheat the fryer to 350.
- Fry the samosas for 5 to 7 minutes or until they are golden.
- Drain on a layer of paper towels.
- Serve with chutney.