Blueberry Buckwheat Pancakes
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup fat free buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3/4 cup blueberries
What To Do
- Place half the blueberries in a small cup and microwave for 40 seconds or until some off the berries have burst.
- In a mixing bowl, combine buckwheat flour, pastry flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, add buttermilk, egg, and butter and stir until well blended.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir just until combined. Fold in the fresh and cooked blueberries.
- Heat griddle over medium heat until hot enough to cause drops of water to scatter over the surface, about 3 minutes and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Spoon batter onto griddle to form 3-inch rounds; cook until golden on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Tip: Transfer to a heatproof platter and place in the oven at 200F to keep warm until ready to serve.