Braised Pork Roast with Ginger and Dried Fruits
What You'll Need
- 1 5-lb. boneless pork roast
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups assorted dried fruit
- 1/2-inch piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
What To Do
- Season the roast on all sides with the thyme, salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil on the stove over a medium high heat.
- Sear the roast for about 3 to 5 minutes on each side until nicely browned.
- In a small bowl, mix the wine, soy sauce, and cornstarch together until smooth.
- Add the dried fruit and ginger to the soy sauce.
- Place the meat into the slow cooker.
- Pour the soy mixture into the slow cooker.
- Set the slow cooker for 2 hours on low.