BREAKFAST RICE WITH ORANGE AND ALMONDS
4 cups whole milk
1 cup Arborio rice (risotto rice)
Good pinch of sea salt
Zest and segments of 2 oranges
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 egg yolks
1 vanilla bean (split and scrapped)
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup blanched flaked almonds
2 cups whipped cream
1. Combine milk and rice in the bottom of BELLA Multi-Cooker. Add in orange zest along with vanilla bean paste
and a pinch of salt. Close and lock the lid. Set Multi-Cooker to COOK for 10 minutes.
2. Melt butter in a small pan and lightly toast almonds until golden.
Remove from heat and drain over paper towel.
3. When Multi-Cooker cycle has completed, turn off and allow pressure to release naturally, about 15 to 20 minutes.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together sugar and egg yolks until thick and creamy.
Gently fold the egg mixture into the cooked rice while still hot, set aside and allow to cool slightly.
5. Once rice has cooled, fold through whipped cream. Serve with butter-toasted almonds and orange segments.