CARROT CAKE AND WALNUT WAFFLES
2 cups gluten-free flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 cups spiralized carrot (or grated if you don’t have a spiralizer)
1 cup chopped/crushed walnuts
1 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup mascarpone
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup crushed walnuts
Powdered sugar for dusting
- Set BELLA Copper Titanium Waffle Maker to medium heat (green light will appear).
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and spices into a bowl. Add sugar, carrot, chopped walnuts, oil and eggs. Stir to combine. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before scooping into hot waffle iron.
- Cook for each for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Place on wire rack to cool for a minute or two.
- Garnish each waffle with walnuts, mascarpone and powdered sugar. Serve.