Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
1 head of cauliflower
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon vegetable bouillon powder
¼ teaspoon Chipotle chili pepper powder
½ teaspoon barbecue seasoning
¼ paprika powder
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 cup hot sauce (preferable Frank’s Red Hot)
1 clove of garlic
1 ½ tablespoons vegan butter or margarine
Canola oil spray
- Cut cauliflower into medium florets
- In a large bowl, add the whole wheat flour, vegetable bouillon powder, Chipotle chili powder, barbecue seasoning, and paprika powder. Whisk until fully combined
- Pour the almond milk into the dry ingredients and whisk until the batter reaches a thick consistency
- Add the cauliflower florets to the batter and mix until each piece is fully covered
- Transfer the cauliflower to the air frying basket with some tongs. Be sure to space each floret out to ensure crispiness and even cooking.
- Set the BELLA Air Convection Fryer to 400* F for 20 min. Shake the basket halfway through.
- Meanwhile, heat the vegan butter in a sauce pan on low heat. Add the garlic and cook for one minute. Then, add the hot sauce and heat through.
- Add the sauce to a large mixing bowl and toss in the cauliflower until fully coated.
- Serve with a side of carrots, celery, and vegan ranch dressing.