Chef Jason Roberts Mediterranean Noodle Salad
- 1 lb (2 x medium) green zucchini
- ½ lb (1 x medium) golden beets, peeled
- ½ teaspoons sea salt flakes
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil,divided, plus more for drizzling
- 1 large eggplant (about ¾ pound), cut into l inch cubes
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ¾ cup (packed) mint leaves, torn
- ¼ cup green olives, pitted
- 1 (8-ounce) ball fresh buffalo mozzarella, torn into bite size pieces
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- Chervil (optional)
- Basil (optional)
Prepare both zucchini and beets by passing through the BELLA spiralizer on spaghetti setting. Lightly season with salt and lemon juice – set aside to macerate.
Season the eggplant cubes with a little olive oil and chopped garlic, place into a non-stick oven safe pan over moderate heat and start to color (approximately 2- 3 minutes). Place into oven and roast at 380F for 25 – 30 minutes or until tender. You should be able to pierce with a knife or skewer with very little resistance.
Drain liquid from the noodles and then toss in the warm eggplant. Add tomatoes, mint, olives, chili and roughly torn mozzarella. Serve.
Per 1/4 recipe
Vitamin A 30%
Vitamin C 80%
Vitamin B6 20%