Chef Jason Roberts Rainbow Vegetable Lasagna
What You'll Need
- 4 large heirloom tomatoes cut into ¼ inch slices
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sea salt flakes
- ¾ lb green zucchini (2-3 zucchini)
- ¾ lb golden beets (peeled)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup olive paste/tapenade
- 1 cup fresh Ricotta
- 1/3 cup good olive oil
- 2-3 medium sized potatoes (scrubbed well, skin on)
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
What To Do
- Place tomato slices sprinkled with fresh thyme leaves, a little salt and ground fresh pepper onto baking tray lined baking paper and place into an oven set at 380F for 40 – 45 minutes
- Process both the zucchini and golden beets through the Bella Spiralizer set on ribbon setting. Place in a colander and sprinkle in salt along with lemon juice, allowing 20 minutes for zucchini and beets to release as much moisture as possible before patting dry with a paper towel. Pass potatoes through the spiralizer also set on ribbon setting.
- In a medium sized gratin dish, lay down a good splash of olive oil, followed by a thick layer of potatoes, then a layer of tomatoes followed by a mixture of zucchini and beet ribbons. Spoon ½ of the olive paste over ribbons and dollop in ½ the ricotta (about ¼ inch thick bits). Repeat with remaining ingredients, topping with more potato ribbons, season well.
- Cover with foil and place into oven pre-set at 400F for 45 minutes. Remove foil and cook for an additional 20 minutes at 380F allowing for moisture to evaporate and potatoes to crisp. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Slice and serve with the addition of fresh basil
Per 1/4 recipe
Vitamin A 25%
Vitamin C 130%
Vitamin B6 40%