Prep and cook time: 50 minutes
1 onion, peeled and finely diced
1 knob of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
8 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon fennel seeds
2 tablespoons crushed coriander seeds
1 teaspoon cumin seeds, ground
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/3 teaspoon ground chili flakes (to taste)
2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
1 x 13.5fl oz can coconut milk
15 oz can crushed tomatoes
1 cup water
1 whole chicken (medium sized)
1 bunch Swiss chard, washed and shredded
1 cup roughly chopped cilantro (1 cup)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
8 cups cooked rice
1. Place the pressure cooker attachment into the BELLA 6.5QT AirPro Cook and Fry with OptiPot Technology, set to sauté
2. Add in the onion, ginger, garlic and olive oil, sautéing until translucent (approximately 4-5 minutes)
3. Add in dry spices and stir until fragrant (approximately 2-3 minutes), then add carrot, whole chicken, Swiss chard and remaining wet ingredients.
4. Lower the lid and lock into place. Select pressure cooker mode for 30 minutes
5. Once timer has alarmed, allow 5 minutes before releasing pressure valve.
6. After releasing pressure, remove the chicken with a pair of tongs and place onto a plate, remove the bones and skin of the chicken, returning any flesh back to the sauce along with the shredded Swiss chard
7. Add in the chopped cilantro, adjust seasoning with a little salt and pepper.
Serve with steamed rice.