Creamy Ginger Squash Soup
1 large squash (acorn or butternut work great)
8 cups of vegetable or chicken stock
1 white onion, chopped
½ head of garlic, peeled
1-inch knob of ginger, peeled
2/3 cup pumpkin or squash seeds
¼ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 ground cinnamon
1/3 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Peal and chop squash into 1-inch cubes. Add to a baking tray and drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- Add pumpkin seeds to a piece of aluminum foil, drizzle with olive oil, salt lightly and close the foil packet. Place the packet onto a smaller separate baking tray and roast for 20-25 minutes along with the squash.
- Add paprika, garlic powder, chili powder and cinnamon to a mixing bowl. Toss seeds in while still warm and mix until they are evenly covered. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add olive oil to the BELLA 6QT Pressure Cooker. Press SAUTE* and add the chopped onions. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until they start to brown.
- Add the pealed garlic cloves and the ginger and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the roasted squash into the Pressure Cooker and add the stock.
- Using the BELLA Hand Immersion Blender, puree the soup to desired consistency
- Cover Pressure Cooker and lock into position.
- Press SOUP** with a pre-set time of 15 minutes. Allow cooker to advance to WARM for 10 minutes.
- QUICK RELEASE steam, using the spatula to move the pressure release valve. Then carefully remove lid, allowing steam to escape away from you. Always use oven mits!
- Garnish the soup with a drizzle of sour cream and top with roasted pumpkin seeds.
*The SAUTE function may take 5 minutes to preheat.
**Once pre-programmed button is selected the unit will preheat before starting the cook cycle. Preheat times depend on cooking mode selected.