CREPES WITH CRÈME FRAICHE AND BLACKBERRIES
What You'll Need
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 tspn salt
- 1 cup crème fraiche*
- 2 cups blackberries
- Additional butter for cooking
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons of buttermilk
What To Do
- Gently whisk together water, eggs and butter until just combined; add in the remaining dry ingredients and whisk till smooth; set aside.
- Set BELLA Griddle to medium heat with a 1/2 teaspoon of butter and continue heating until butter starts to foam. Ladle over crepe batter, tilting to coat the griddle base completely. Allow to cook for 25 to 30 seconds, flip using a spatula and cook for another 10 to 15 seconds. Repeat using the remaining crepe batter.
- Place crème fraiche and blackberries into separate bowls, and crepes into in the middle of a table and allow everyone to make their own, placing a little crème fraiche and fresh berries on each
Making your own crème fraiche
Combine heavy cream and buttermilk. Cover the container and let it sit overnight. In the morning you will have thick, slightly tangy, buttery crème fraiche.