Crispy Cajun Chickpeas
- 1 can (19 oz) chickpeas, drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp each paprika, chili powder and brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp each ground cumin and dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp each garlic powder and onion powder
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Olive oil spray
Preheat Bella Air Fryer to 350˚F.
In tea towel, gently rub chickpeas together to remove loose skin. Mix together chickpeas, salt, pepper, paprika, chili powder, brown sugar, cumin, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne. Place in basket of Bella Air Fryer and spray with olive oil spray.
Air fry in Bella Air Fryer, shaking basket halfway through cooking time, for about 15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
Tip: Alternatively, sprinkle with prepared Creole or Tex-Mex seasoning.
- Per 1/6 recipe (about 1/4 cup / 60 mL)
- Calories 90
- Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 290mg
- Carbohydrate 17g
- Fibre 4g
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 5g