Date and Ginger Pudding
2 tablespoon softened butter
3 tbs caster sugar (superfine sugar)
7 oz dates, pits removed
300ml (9 ½ fl oz) water
1 tsp bicarbonate soda (baking soda)
2 oz butter
4 oz sugar
1 ½ teaspoons ground ginger
7 oz self-rising flour
1 quantity of butterscotch sauce
Whipped cream for serving
1. Preheat BELLA 5.3QT Touchscreen Air Fryer to 325°F
2. Using a pastry brush, brush the inside of 8 x 200ml (6 1/2 fl oz) dariole moulds or ramekins with softened butter to coat well. Sprinkle in the sugar, turn the moulds around in your hands so the sugar evenly coats the buttered surface.
3. Place dates and water into a saucepan and bring to the boil, add the bicarbonate soda and leave to cool. Be aware, as it will bubble up. Pour into a blender and puree.
4. Beat the butter, sugar and ground ginger together until creamy; add egg and beat till well incorporated. Add pureed dates to the creamed mixture, give a good mix before sifting in flour, and gently fold in.
5. Pour mixture into prepared moulds to ¾’s full and sit moulds into the Bella air convection fryer. Cook for 10 to 11 minutes until well risen and when tested with a skewer, it pulls out clean.
6. Turn out puddings while hot and serve with butterscotch sauce and whipped cream.
This sauce is ridiculously decadent, best served over a freshly steamed date and ginger pudding.
1 3/4 oz butter
2 ½ oz brown sugar
3 ¼ fl oz cream
½ tsp vanilla extract
7. Place all ingredients into a small pan. Bring to the boil, stirring until smooth, simmer for 5 minutes. Refrigerate for 10 minutes before serving.