What You'll Need
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
What To Do
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg together with milk and melted butter and vanilla until well blended.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry until smooth.
- Fill the fryer to the indicated mark with oil and preheat to 350F.
- With a small ice cream scoop, drop the batter into the oil and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Drain the donut holes on a layer of paper towels.
- Lightly sprinkle the donut holes with the confectioner’s sugar and serve.