Garlic and Ginger Beef Stir-Fry
1/4 cup canola oil
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp white vinegar
1 tbsp ketchup
1 lb flank steak, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
3 tbsp cornstarch
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
1 1/4 cups sticky rice, cooked according to package directions
2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Add oil to BELLA Electric Skillet and preheat to 450˚F about 5 minutes before cooking.
- Whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup and 1 tbsp water; set aside. Season flank steak with salt and pepper; toss with cornstarch until well coated.
- In two batches, cook beef in skillet, stirring, until browned all over. Transfer to paper towel–lined plate to drain. Remove all but 1 tbsp oil from skillet.
- Stir-fry garlic and ginger for about 1 minute or until fragrant. Pour in sauce and bring to boil; cook for about 5 minutes or until thick and syrupy. Return beef to skillet; toss to coat well. Spoon beef mixture over rice. Sprinkle with green onions.
- To thinly slice flank steak easily, pop in freezer for 20 to 30 minutes or until firm but not frozen. With sharp knife, slice against the grain of the meat.
- Serve with steamed broccoli or green beans.
- For a spicy addition, garnish with finely sliced fresh finger chili peppers.
Per 1/4 recipe