Grilled Peanut Butter, Banana and Bacon Sandwich
What You'll Need
- 6 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 8 slices white bread
- 2 small bananas, sliced
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 4 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
What To Do
- Condition and preheat BELLA Rotating Waffle Maker
- Spread peanut butter over 4 slices of bread. Top with banana slices and bacon. Drizzle with honey. Cap sandwiches with remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- Place one sandwich in center of lower cooking plate. Close lid; turn the temperature control setting to HIGH (5) and bake for about 2 minutes or until browned, crispy and heated through.
- When the sandwich is browned, the top cooking plate should lift easily.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches. To serve, cut each sandwich in half.
Tip: Alternatively, use crunchy peanut butter and substitute maple syrup for honey.
- Per 1 sandwich
- Calories 540
- Fat 27g
- Cholesterol 35mg
- Sodium 650mg
- Carbohydrate 56g
- Fibre 4g
- Sugars 16g
- Protein 17g