Heirloom Tomato Ketchup
What You'll Need
- 3 lbs. any variety heirloom tomatoes, skins and seeds removed
- 1 28-ounce can San Marzano chopped tomatoes
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon each, allspice, clove, black pepper, celery seeds, dry mustard
What To Do
- Add the tomatoes, canned tomatoes, onion, vinegar, brown sugar, and molasses to the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the salt, cornstarch, allspice, clove, pepper, celery seeds and dry mustard.
- Pour the salt mixture into the slow cooker and stir.
- Set the slow cooker on low for 6 hours.
- Strain the ketchup and let cool before preserving.