Orange and Grapefruit Marmalade
What You'll Need
Cook and prep time: 1hr 45 minutes
1.5 lbs oranges, washed
1.5 lbs ruby grapefruit
2.5 lbs sugar
1 vanilla bean, or 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1-2 inch knob of ginger peeled and finely sliced
What To Do
- Plunge whole fruit into boiling water for 15 seconds to help remove any potential wax, wipe dry with a clean towel
- Slice the oranges and grapefruit into quarters, then each quarter into 3mm slices, removing seeds
- Place the fruit along with any juices from the cutting board into your Bella Multicooker
- Add 2 cups of water, along with the ginger and a split and scrapped vanilla bean
- Set to pressure cook or 12 minutes
- When the timer has alarmed, allow for a natural release of steam, which means waiting a further 30 minutes before opening
- Once pressure is released, open your cooker and add the sugar.
- Set cooker to sauté setting (Medium heat) and continue cooking marmalade for a further 45 minutes to an hour stirring occasionally to prevent sticking and burning
- Skim any scum that has risen to the surface and discard
- You will notice marmalade thickens gradually, and the time of process will vary depending on the fruit.
- To test, take a small amount and tip it onto a clean saucer and place it into the fridge for 5 minutes, this will give you an indication of how thick your marmalade will set.
- Once done allow to cool for 5 minutes before placing into sterilized jars.