What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 15-ounce can red kidney beans
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper
What To Do
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over a medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or just until wilted.
- Add the beef, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, and cook for 5 minutes or until it is no longer pink.
- Transfer the mixture to the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and stir until well blended.
- Set the slow cooker to medium for 2 hour.