3 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 large carrot, peeled and finely chopped
2 celery stalks, finely chopped
6 garlic cloves, crushed
2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
1 tablespoon fennel seeds
1 lb ground beef
1 cup dry white wine
1 cup of milk
2 x 14oz canned crushed tomatoes
2 tablespoons of tomato paste
1 lb penne pasta
Ground black pepper
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Select the SAUTE function on your BELLA Multi Cooker. Add in the olive oil along with the onion, carrot, celery, garlic, thyme and fennel seed. Continue to sauté for 4 – 5 minutes or until the vegetables start to soften and become translucent.
2. Add in the ground beef, mixing to breaking up any large lumps. Add in the white wine and continue to cook for 7-8 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Add the milk and continue to cook till almost evaporated, 7-8 minutes.
3. Add in the tomatoes, pasta and 2 ½ cups water; place lid on top and lock in place, making sure pressure valve is closed.
4. Set to PRESSURE COOK for 6 minutes. When timer ends, leave for several minutes before releasing steam.
Add salt and pepper to taste, mix well.
5. Serve in a bowl with grated parmesan cheese.