Pepperoni Mushroom Mini Calzones
What You'll Need
- 4 oz leftover pizza dough
- 2 tbsp pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 thinly sliced mushroom
- 8 thin slices pepperoni
- 2 tbsp basil pesto, for dipping
What To Do
- Condition and preheat the BELLA Rotating Waffle Maker
- Divide dough in half; roll each half into 5-inch round. Spread pizza sauce over one round; top with cheese, mushroom and pepperoni. Cap with remaining dough. Seal edges with tines of fork.
- Place calzone in center of lower cooking plate. Close lid; turn the temperature control setting to MEDIUM (4) and bake for 3 to 5 minutes.
- When calzone is cooked, the top cooking plate should lift easily (lift the plate gently; if it pulls, continue cooking for 1 minute and test again). Cut calzone into 4 mini calzones. Serve with pesto for dipping.
Tip: To make a vegetarian calzone, substitute vegan pepperoni for pepperoni.
- Per 1 mini calzone
- Calories 130
- Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 10mg
- Sodium 460mg
- Carbohydrate 14g
- Fibre 1g
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 4g