Pork Spare Ribs
- 2 lb pork spare ribs (cut into 3 inch lengths)
- 4 – 5 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cm cube of ginger finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic finely chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of light soy sauce
- 1 small red chilli finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 cups chicken stock
- 1 small bunch cilantro, coriander
1. Heat the olive oil in base of BELLA Pressure Cooker until hot, add in the pork ribs seasoned with a little salt and pepper. Do this in batches to gain a nice golden crispy coating to your pork ribs.
2. Once ribs are evenly browned remove from pan and set aside.
3. Add in the ginger, garlic, onion, sugar, soy, chilli, hoisin sauce and mix well.
4. Add back the pork along with chicken stock and ½ cup of water. Cover with lid and set to cook (meat setting).
5. Once cooked, release pressure seal and allow to stand for another 10 minutes before serving.
6. Serve your steamy hot pork ribs with steamed rice and freshly chopped cilantro.