Pressure Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon canola, olive or vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 8 cups water
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and sliced ½ inch thick
- 3 celery stalks, save few celery leaves to taste
- 1 (3-4 Lbs) cleaned whole chicken
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 oz. of your favorite pasta noodles
What To Do
- Add oil to pressure cooker
- Press SAUTE* and cook onion until softened, approx. 4 minutes
- Add garlic and cook for about 20 seconds
- Add celery & carrots, and eight cups of water
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper as desired
- Place chicken in pot with breast on top
- Add cover and lock into position
- Press SOUP** with a pre-set time of 20 mins
- Allow cooker to advance to WARM for 10 minutes.
- QUICK RELEASE steam, using the spatula to move the steam release valve. Then carefully remove lid, allowing steam to escape away from you. Always use oven mitts!
- Scoop up fat residue from surface of soup
- Remove chicken and let cool for 15-20 mins, ensure to remove all bones and skin, shred chicken flesh into thin long pieces
- Bring soup to boil
- Stir in pasta noodles, and boil until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in shredded chicken and chopped celery leaves, season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
*The SAUTE function may take 5 minutes to preheat
**Once pre-programmed button selected the unit will preheat before starting the cook cycle. Preheat times depend on cooking mode selected.