Pressure Cooker Fish Chowder
What You'll Need
- 1/2 lb double-smoked bacon, finely chopped
- 2 leeks, sliced (white part only)
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 lb white-fleshed fish (such as haddock, halibut or cod)
- 3 yellow-fleshed potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups clam juice
- 2 cups sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup 35% heavy cream
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
What To Do
- Place bacon, leeks, celery, thyme, salt and pepper in Bella 8 QT Multi-Cooker. Press SAUTE*; cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes or until softened. Add fish, potatoes, clam juice, broth, milk, corn and garlic.
- Add cover and lock into position. Select PRESSURE COOK** for 10 minutes. Allow cooker to advance to WARM* for 10 minutes.
- QUICK RELEASE steam, using spatula to move steam release valve. Wearing oven mitts, carefully remove lid, allowing steam to escape away from you.
- Whisk cream with flour. Press SOUP*** and stir in cream mixture. Cook for about 5 minutes or until thickened. Garnish with chives.
- Substitute a mixture of seafood, such shrimp, clams, mussels and bay scallops, for fish if desired.
- Serve with oyster crackers or freshly baked biscuits.