Pressure Cooker Pulled Pork
What You'll Need
- 1 (approx. 5 lbs) bone-in pork butt or shoulder roast, fat cap trimmed
- Spicy Chili Rub
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 – 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons table salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground white pepper
- 1 – 2 cups barbeque sauce, to serve
- If necessary, cut pork roast into pieces to fit. Coat pork roast/pieces with Spicy Chili Rub.
What To Do
- Add meat to pressure cooker. Press BROWN* allow meat to brown on all sides. Add just enough water to cover the meat.
- Add cover and lock into position.
- Cook on MEAT** for 1 hour.
- Allow cooker to advance to WARM for 10 minutes.
- QUICK RELEASE steam, using the spatula to move the steam release valve. Then carefully remove lid, allowing steam to escape away from you. Always use oven mitts!
- Drain off juices, reserving about 2 cups.
- After cooking, as soon as the meat is cool enough to handle, “pull” the pork.
- Using 2 forks or your fingers, separate roast into muscle sections, remove fat, and tear meat into thin shreds.
- Place shredded meat in large bowl; toss with 1 cup barbecue sauce, adding reserved liquid until desired consistency is reached.
- Remaining sauce can be served separately.
*The SAUTE function may take 5 minutes to preheat
**Once pre-programmed button selected the unit will preheat before starting the cook cycle. Preheat times depend on cooking mode selected.