Quick Bread Cinnamon Rolls
What You'll Need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
What To Do
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Using pastry blender, two knives or fingertips, cut in butter until mixture resembles size of peas. Stir in buttermilk.
- On lightly floured surface, knead dough 3 to 5 times or until dough comes together. Roll out into 13- x 9-inch rectangle.
- Filling: Brush butter over dough; sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Roll into log shape. Cut into 2-inch rounds. Arrange in air fryer basket. Set Bella 3.7 QT Air Convection Fryer to 325°F.
- Cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Transfer carefully to platter. Let cool slightly.
- Glaze: Whisk together yogurt, sugar and vanilla. Drizzle over buns. Serve immediately.
- Combine 1 tbsp lemon juice or white vinegar with scant cupful of whole milk and let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes for homemade buttermilk.
- Use pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon for an autumn-inspired treat.