Quick and Easy Pork Buns
What You'll Need
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup water (approx.)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups shredded cooked pork
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
What To Do
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar and baking powder. Make well in center; pour in milk, stirring until jagged dough is formed. Add water and oil; stir until combined, adding more water if needed to bring dough together.
- On lightly floured surface, knead dough for 5 to 7 minutes or until smooth and soft. Place in bowl; cover and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Toss together shredded pork, green onions, hoisin, soy sauce and vinegar.
- Divide dough into 12 portions; roll or stretch each portion into 4-inch round. Dollop pork mixture into center of each round; gather dough together to enclose filling, pinching on top.
- Line Bella 2 Tier Food Steamer baskets with parchment paper. Arrange 6 buns on each tier.
- Set timer for 20 minutes to cook until buns are cooked through.
Tip: Use leftover shredded chicken or beef as an alternative filling.