Raspberry Cheesecake French Macaroons
What You'll Need
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¾ cup finely ground almonds
- 2 egg whites, room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- Pink gel food coloring
Raspberry Cheesecake filling
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What To Do
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Place a sieve over a medium bowl and sift in the powdered sugar and almonds together. Remove sieve and whisk the dry ingredients together until fully combined.
- In a large metal bowl, add the 2 room temperature egg whites. Using the BELLA Hand Immersion Blender with the whisk attachment, beat the egg whites on high speed until they become slightly foamy.
- Add in half of the granulated sugar to the egg whites and continue to whisk for a minute. Then, add in the remaining sugar and whisk until the egg whites are glossy and hold soft peaks.
- Add a pea sized amount of pink gel food coloring and continue whisking the egg whites until they hold stiff peaks.
- Begin the macaronage process by adding half of the dry ingredients to the egg whites. Using a silicone spatula, gently fold the dry ingredients into the mixture. This should take about 15-20 folds.
- Once combined, add in the rest of the dry ingredients and fold until the mixture is uniform.
- Add the mixture to a large piping bag with a round tip attachment. Place a silicone mat on a baking sheet and pipe out macarons with 1 inch diameters. Be sure to leave space between each macaron.
- Lift the baking sheet and gently tap it against your kitchen counter 3-4 times to remove any bubbles inside the macarons.
- Set the macarons aside for 45 min to 1 hour. Gently rub your finger on a macaron; if it feels dry to the touch and the batter does not stick to your finger, it is ready to bake.
- Bake for 15 – 18 minutes at 300F, ensuring that the macarons do not brown.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, add the fresh raspberries and granulated sugar. Cook on medium low heat for 7 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, add the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and raspberry mixture. Using the BELLA Hand Immersion blender with the whisk attachment, mix until the filling becomes light and airy. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Add the raspberry cheesecake filling to a small piping bag with a round tip attachment and pipe a small amount onto each of the macaron bottom cookies. Place the top cookies on top.
- Use parchment paper instead of a silicone mat.