Red Beans and Rice
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, Seeded and diced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb. smoked sausage, sliced
- 1/2 lb. dry red kidney beans, rinsed well and soaked overnight
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 4 cups cooked white rice
What To Do
- Heat the oil in the pressure cooker over medium high heat.
- Add the onion, pepper, celery, garlic, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the onions have wilted and pepper is tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir.
- Place the lid on the pressure cooker and cook over a medium heat.
- Check the beans after 15 minutes, by carefully releasing all of the steam and removing the lid.
- Stir again before serving over rice.