Red Curry Chicken
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 boneless, skinless, chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 14-ounce can light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
What To Do
- Preheat the slow cooker.
- Add the oil and heat over medium.
- Cook the onion for about 5 minutes or just until wilted.
- Add the chicken and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until browned on all sides.
- Add the carrots, pepper, garlic, and coconut milk to the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk the stock, red curry paste and cornstarch together until smooth.
- Pour the curry mixture into the slow cooker.
- Set the slow cooker on low for 1 hours.
- Add the peas to the slow cooker and cook for another 10 minutes or just until they have heated through.
- Spoon some of the chicken in a bowl and top with the tomato wedges and garnish with the cilantro.