Rotisserie Pork Shoulder and Garlic and Chili
1 x 3lb pork shoulder (skin on and bone out)
2 teaspoons coarse salt
1 tablespoon fennel seeds
3 cloves of garlic
½ teaspoon chili flakes
3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Lay the pork shoulder out flat on a clean cutting board. Using a sharp knife, score the pork skin an 1/8 of an inch deep.
2. Using a mortar and pestle, crush the fennel seeds and salt together; add in the garlic and chili flakes and continue to grind to a coarse paste. Add in the olive oil and mix well.
3. Spread the paste over the pork and massage into flesh and skin.
4. Roll the pork shoulder, making sure no skin is overlapped (if so, you will need to remove) (chef’s note: the skin tucked under the flesh will not crisp or soften if not exposed to direct heat).
5. Using butcher’s twine/string, tie the pork shoulder to secure the roll, leaving an inch gap between each piece of twine. Thread meat onto the rotisserie skewer of the BELLA 10.5 QT Air Convection Fryer Oven Dehydrator and fasten in place using the meat spikes.
6. Place pork into BELLA product; Select the ROTISSERIE setting and cook for 15 minutes at 400°F. Lower the temp to 325°F
and cook for an additional 50 minutes.
7. Check the temperature by inserting a digit thermometer into the center of the pork (temperature should reach 160°F).
If not quite 160°F, continue to cook on rotisserie setting until done. Remove from rotisserie oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes before carving.