Sesame Waffle Box Salad
What You'll Need
- Waffle baking mix
- 2 tablespoons black or white sesame seeds
- sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon peanut butter smooth or chunky
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- vegetable oil spray
- 1/2 lb. shrimp peeled and deveined
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
What To Do
- Preheat the waffle maker.
- Prepare enough batter for 8 medium waffles according to package instructions.
- In a small bowl, stir the peanut butter, sesame oil, and half the sesame seeds together until well blended.
- Fold the peanut butter mixture into the waffle batter and stir until well blended.
- Spray both the top and bottom griddles of the waffle maker with vegetable oil spray.
- Cook the waffles about 3 to 5 minutes or until crispy and golden.
- Grill or broil the shrimp.
- In a small bowl, toss the shrimp cucumber and lime juice together.
- Season with pepper flakes.
- Top each waffle with some of the shrimp and cucumber mixture.