What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced.
- 1½ lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 12-ounce package uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes, not drained
- 1 cup water
- 15-ounces low fat ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
What To Do
- Set the skillet on medium and heat the oil. Add the onion and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until just wilted.
- Stir in the garlic and let cook for another 5 minutes.
- Break the beef up with the back of a spoon and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Spoon the fat from the skillet.
- Add the noodles, tomatoes, and water and stir.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium low and cook for another 15 to 20 minutes or until the noodles are al dente and have absorbed some of the sauce.
- In a large bowl, mix the ricotta, Parmesan, and oregano together until well blended.
- Spoon the cheese mixture over the lasagna.
- Sprinkle the top of the lasagna evenly with the Mozzarella.
- Place the lid on the skillet and turn the skillet off.
- Let stand covered for 10 minutes before serving with the basil.