Slow Cooker Lasagna
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 1 lb. ground, beef, pork, or sausage
- 2 1/2 tablespoon freshly chopped oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped basil
- 1 14.5 can of tomato sauce
- 4 to 8 lasagna noodles
- 1 cup beef broth
What To Do
- Heat the oil in the searing pot over a medium heat until shimmering.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until the onions are softened and slightly browned.
- Remove the onion mixture to a large bowl.
- Add the sausage to the searing pot and cook over a medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or just until it is no longer pink.
- Add the sausage to the bowl with the onions and stir in the oregano.
- In another bowl, add the ricotta, half of the mozzarella, and basil and stir until well blended.
- Spoon two tablespoons of the spaghetti sauce into the bottom of a 4 x 8 1/2 inch ovenproof loaf pan.
- Arrange a layer of noodles into the pan. Spoon some of the meat mixture and spaghetti sauce over the noodles.
- Repeat with another layer of noodles spread with some of the cheese mixture.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Wrap the entire pan in foil. Place the pan into the slow cooker. Fill the slow cooker with an inch of water. Set the slow cooker to 4 hours on high.
- Remove the lasagna from the slow cooker.
- Remove the foil and sprinkle the top of the lasagna with the remaining cheese.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place the lasagna under the broiler for 3 to 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.