Slow Cooker Orange Baby Back Ribs
What You'll Need
- 3 lbs. baby back ribs
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 28-ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 orange, zested and cut up
- 1 cup barbeque sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup bourbon
What To Do
- Cut the ribs into rack of three or four ribs each.
- In a small bowl, add the smoked paprika, brown sugar, and mustard and mix well.
- Rub the ribs all over with the paprika mixture.
- In a large bowl, add the tomatoes, orange and zest, barbeque sauce, vinegar, and bourbon, and mix well.
- Brown the ribs in stages in the searing pot over medium high heat just until browned.
- Place the searing pot in the slow cooker. Place the ribs back in the searing pot and cover with the sauce.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Strain the sauce and serve over the ribs.