Slow Cooker Swedish Meatballs
What You'll Need
- 2 1/2 cups fresh unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons flour
What To Do
- In a large bowl, soak the breadcrumbs in the milk for 5 minutes.
- Add the pork, beef, eggs, onion, all spice, and nutmeg and mix well.
- With wet hands form the mixture into 1 1/2-inch meatballs.
- In the searing pot, heat the oil over medium high heat until shimmering. Brown the meatballs in batches until golden on all sides.
- Add all the meatballs and the broth to the slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours or until an internal temperature of 140F is reached.