Sous Vide Chicken Breast with burnt butter yogurt, radish, orange and fennel salad
- 4 chicken breast with skin intact, bone removed
- 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 4 teaspoons good olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tespoons regular olive oil
- ¾ cup yoghurt
- 2 x red radish
- 1 small bulb fennel
- 1 orange (segmented)
1. Place each chicken breast into its own Ziplock bag with a sprig of rosemary, a few slices of garlic, and extra virgin Olive oil.
2. Seal ziplock bag and immerse in a pot of water with BELLA Sous Vide set to 150 degrees.
3. Cook time should be approximately 50 minutes to an hour depending on thickness of breast.
4. Once cooked remove from water, then remove chicken from Ziplock bag and set over paper towel to dry out.
5. Heat a large skillet over a medium heat and add in the butter and regular olive oil.
6. Once butter melts and starts to brown, add in the chicken breast skin side down, continue to cook and till golden (2 – 3 minutes), remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
7. Carve each breast into 3 pieces.
8. Thinly shave radish and fennel on a mandolin (or by hand with a sharp knife) and place into a bowl.
9. Season with a little salt, add in orange segments and allow to sit for a few moments.
10. To serve smear a good spoon of yogurt onto the base of a plate and nap
with a little of the pan juices from the chicken. Top with carved chicken and vegetable salad.