Spanish Style Scones
What You'll Need
1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons butter
1 egg, whisked
1 tablespoon butter milk
½ shredded Manchego cheese
1/3 cup crispy Spanish chorizo, diced
What To Do
- Add butter to the freezer for a few minutes to make sure it is very cold when used.
- Preheat the Preheat the BELLA 4.4lbs Digital Air Convection Fryer to 355°F.
- Cover a large bowl with a sieve and add the flour and baking powder. Swift until well combined.
- Add the cold chunks of butter and mix well. If you are going to use your hands, make sure to only use your fingertips to prevent the butter from melting. Mix until the mixture becomes crumbly.
- Add the crispy Spanish chorizo bits and the Manchego cheese. Mix until they are evenly distributed.
- Add in the milk and eggs and continue to mix. After a couple of minutes, the mixture should turn into a dough. If the dough feels dry, add a splash of milk.
- Roll out the dough to a half an inch thickness and cut into 10-12 even pieces. Roll out the scones into balls. For extra cheesiness, top the scones with a sprinkle of the Manchego cheese.
- Place scones into the air frying basket. Allow circulation on all sides of the scones for even browning.
- Insert the basket into the BELLA 4.4lbs Digital Air Convection Fryer and cook for 20 minutes.