Spicy Cornbread Dressing
What You'll Need
- 2 (8oz) packages of corn bread mix
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb. chorizo sausage
- 1 egg
- 2 onions
- 2 cheyote squash, seeded & chopped
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 stalks celery
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp herbs de provence
- 1/2 tsp salt
What To Do
- Bake cornbread according to package directions. cool and crumble into a large bowl.
- Heat oil in the BELLA skillet at 325°. Cook chorizo until brown & crumbly, remove meat from the skillet but keep the oil in the pan. Add onions, chayote squash and celery; cook stirring occasionally until tender, about 5 minutes.
- toss the cooked mixture and the chorizo into the bowl with the crumbled corn bread. Stir in 1/2 cup chicken broth. Season with herbs de provence, salt and pepper.
- Fill the turkey cavity with as much of the stuffing mixture as will fit. tuck wings behind the back to truss the turkey.
- Place remaining stuffing into a seperate dish; drizzle 1 cup chicken broth over stuffing % finish baking in the oven at 177°C/350°F