Spicy Vegetable Ribbon Soup
What You'll Need
- 1 large carrot, peeled
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled (about 1 lb)
- 1 small potato, peeled (about 1/4 lb)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, divided
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
What To Do
- With Bella Spiralizer on ribbon setting, spiralize carrot, zucchini, sweet potato and potato into long strands, trimming with clean kitchen sheers as needed.
- Heat oil in saucepan set over medium heat; cook onion, garlic, thyme, salt and chili flakes for about 5 minutes or until softened. Add vegetable broth and bay leaf; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in vegetable ribbons; cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp. Remove bay leaf. Stir in basil and vinegar. Spoon into 4 bowls.
Tip: Substitute parsley or cilantro for basil if desired.
- Per 1/4 recipe
- Calories 200
- Fat 7g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 470mg
- Carbohydrate 31g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugars 10g
- Protein 3g
- 55% less fat than Authentic Ukrainian Classic Borsch from food.com
- 43% fewer calories than Authentic Ukranian Classic Borsch from food.com