Stir-Fried Baby Eggplants and Thai Basil
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 lb baby Japanese eggplants, halved lengthwise, then quartered
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
2 tbsp Thai green curry paste
1 can (14 oz) coconut milk
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp lime juice
2 tsp fish sauce
2 tbsp chopped fresh Thai basil, divided
1 1/4 cups jasmine rice, cooked according to package directions
- Add coconut oil to BELLA Electric Skillet and preheat to 350˚F about 5 minutes before cooking.
- Cook, eggplants, onion, garlic and ginger, stirring, for 8 to 10 minutes or until softened and golden. Stir in curry paste for 1 minute; cook, stirring for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, brown sugar, lime juice and fish sauce; bring to simmer. Stir in half of the basil; cook for about 10 minutes or until eggplant is tender and sauce is thickened. Serve eggplant mixture with rice. Sprinkle with remaining basil.
- Use mild, medium or spicy curry paste to suit your taste.
- Serve with lime wedges.
- Add other vegetables, such as sliced carrots and snow peas, to curry if desired.
Per 1/2 recipe