STIR FRIED RICE WITH ASPARAGUS AND MUSHROOMS
1 cup cooked long grain rice
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
2 green onions, finely sliced on the angle
6 spears of asparagus, finely sliced, discarding the tough ends
1/4 cup oyster mushrooms
1/4 cup frozen peas
1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 fresh chili, finely sliced
1. Cook the long grain rice according to package directions, set aside.
2. In the BELLA 10” Copper Titanium Fry Pan, heat the oil along with the garlic over a medium heat. Once the garlic starts to take on a little color, add in half the green shallots along with the chili and cook for 20 to 30 seconds before adding in the mushrooms.
3. Once the mushrooms have somewhat wilted, add in the asparagus and peas along with 2 tablespoons of water; sauté for a few minutes.
4. Add in the rice along with the soy sauce or tamari and sesame oil; continue to heat through, shaking and tossing the pan as you go.
5. Once rice is hot, remove from heat and serve with a little fresh chili and reserved green shallots.