Strawberries and Cream Skillet Cake
3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 cups granulated white sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 cup milk
2 lb strawberries, hulled and chopped, divided
1 cup 35% heavy cream
1/4 cup icing sugar
1 sprig mint, for garnishing
- PREHEAT Bella Copper Ceramic Skillet to 275˚F. Line bottom of skillet with square of parchment paper.
- Meanwhile, in bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. In separate bowl and using electric mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, incorporating each one fully before adding the next addition. Beat in vanilla.
- With mixer on low, alternately add flour mixture in 3 parts and milk in 2 parts, starting and ending with flour mixture, and scraping down bowl as needed. Fold in 2 cups chopped strawberries.
- Scrape batter into prepared skillet, smoothing top. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until tester inserted into center comes out clean. (If top is still moist, bake for 5 minutes longer, uncovered). Let stand for 5 minutes. Invert onto rack; let cool completely. Transfer to serving plate.
- Just before serving, whip cream and icing sugar until stiff peaks form. Spread over cake; top with remaining strawberries. Garnish with mint sprig.
Tip: If desired, garnish cake with sweetened strawberries, by tossing chopped strawberries with 2 tbsp strawberry jam or 2 tbsp icing sugar.
Per 1/8 of recipe
Saturated Fat 22g